Regular sauna sessions offer many physical and mental health benefits. They can reinvigorate you after a long day at work or a busy hour at the gym.
However, visiting a spa can take a lot of time out of your day. You have to schedule an appointment, make the trek over, and potentially wait for a room to become available.
What if there was a way to enjoy the benefits of a spa experience right in your home?
A home sauna is a perfect way to bring the spa experience into your residence. This guide will focus on infrared saunas, which are sometimes referred to as radiant saunas.
How can you ensure you buy the best infrared sauna for your particular home?
A lot of consumers focus on their budget when buying this kind of product for their homes. Even though it can be expensive, the price tag isn’t the only thing you should focus on. You should also think about the materials it’s made of, its size, and the features it comes with.
Below, we will provide you with all the information you need to know before buying an infrared sauna. To help you through your buying decision, we will also offer an in-depth review of a DYNAMIC product.
Rather than reviewing the 10 best infrared saunas, we will focus on just one of the best. This way, you will know if it’s worth adding an infrared sauna to your home!
What Is the Best Infrared Sauna for Home Use?
The best infrared sauna for home use largely depends on your personal preferences:
- How many people do you want it to accommodate?
- Are aesthetics important?
- What kind of sound system or music player capabilities do you want?
- What other special features would you like for your 2-person sauna?
Through our experience, we have observed DYNAMIC to be one of the best manufacturers of 2-person saunas. DYNAMIC’s wood products are easy to assemble and built with high-quality materials. They make it easy to complete your home spa experience at an affordable price.
How Does an Infrared Sauna Work?
There are many different types of saunas. Some of the most popular ones for home use are steam, wood-burning, smoke, and electric saunas. Some companies even produce shower-sauna combos.
Infrared saunas focus on creating the ideal environment for the body to absorb radiant heat energy. They do not heat the air. Rather, they use carbon heaters (typically 6 carbon heaters or more) to directly warm your body. These wall and floor heaters emit electromagnetic radiation to offer the ideal sauna experience.
Infrared saunas are more affordable and easier to install than other types of saunas. They tend to stay in the temperature range of 100°F to 150°F. Because of their lower temperature range, infrared saunas are typically viewed as safer on the body and skin.
What Are the Benefits of Using an Infrared Sauna?
Unlike a steam sauna, an infrared sauna produces dry heat. When you sit in an infrared sauna, the dry heat more deeply penetrates your body. Because of this deep penetration, your body will sweat intensely. This will occur despite the lower-than-average temperatures.
The environment that infrared saunas provide is very desirable because of the health benefits it offers. Some of these health benefits of an infrared sauna include:
- Improved circulation
- Clearer skin and tighter skin
- Relief from joint pain like arthritis and general muscle soreness in the body
- Improved sleep and decreased chronic fatigue syndrome
One of the most desirable effects of an infrared sauna is weight loss. During an infrared sauna session, the core temperature of your body will rise. As a result, your body has to work hard to cool down, which will produce a healthy sweat. In the process, your heart rate, metabolic rate, and cardiac output will increase. This enhanced activity will cause your body to burn more calories and lead to weight loss over time.
Infrared saunas can also help reduce blood pressure in some individuals. Most notably, infrared saunas can cause feelings of enhanced relaxation.
Overall, sessions in an infrared sauna can help you unwind after a long day and relieve the stresses of the past week.
Who Should Use an EMF Infrared Sauna?
An EMF infrared sauna deals with lower temperatures than other types of saunas do. However, this does not mean they are safe for everyone to use.
In general, an infrared sauna is safe to use if you are an adult who is in good health.
Young children should not go inside one at all. Older children and teens can safely use one to limit their time inside and are constantly supervised by an adult. Older adults should use infrared saunas with caution. These devices produce dry heat, which can more easily inflict dehydration and dizziness on older folks.
You should not use an EMF infrared sauna if you:
- Are pregnant: The experts at Healthline advise pregnant women to avoid infrared saunas. If you are pregnant, you may be tempted to use a sauna to alleviate backaches and other general discomforts. However, constant and extreme heat is not safe for growing babies. High temperatures can result in congenital disabilities and even miscarriages.
- Have a nerve or motor function condition: If you have a neurological deficit, you may not sense and respond to high temperatures as easily. This can put you at an increased risk for heat and burn injuries.
- Have unhealed wounds: If you are recovering from surgery or have some type of open wound, do not use an infrared sauna until your wounds are healed.
- Have heart conditions: The dry heat of an infrared sauna can spike up your heart rate and cause arrhythmia. This can cause issues for people with preexisting cardiovascular diseases.
If you’re unsure if you can safely use an infrared sauna, consult a health care professional. It’s important to receive medical clearance, especially if you have conditions that may worsen in the presence of high heat.
What Safety Tips Should I Follow?
As relaxing and beneficial as a sauna is, the high heat it emits can present a hazard. To avoid the dangerous effects of too much heat, here are some good safety tips to follow:
- Stay hydrated: Drink at least one cup of water before you enter an infrared sauna. This will prevent you from experiencing discomfort due to the high heat. If you’re sensitive to higher heat, it’s a good idea to bring a cup of water with you inside the sauna.
- Choose your starting heat thoughtfully: Most infrared saunas have an average temperature of anywhere between 100°F and 150°F. If it’s your first time using this kind of equipment, start at 100°. To stay safe, remain at 100°F for your first four or five sessions. Slowly work your way up to more heat with each additional session.
- Select an appropriate length of time: As a beginner, you should start with 10- or 15-minute long sessions. Slowly work your way up to 20- or 30-minute long sessions. Utilize the built-in time functions to ensure you don’t lose track of time. Even staying in the best infrared sauna on the market for too long can cause more harm than good.
- Dress comfortably: Dress however you feel most comfortable. Some people go in with bathing suits on. Others find even thin layers too much, so they opt to enter their infrared saunas with no clothes.
- Occupy yourself while you’re in your sauna: A good rule of thumb is always to keep yourself occupied while inside your sauna. Listen to music, watch a TV show, read a book, or listen to a guided meditation video. Never go into a sauna only to close your eyes. Keeping yourself busy is especially important after a long or stressful day. This will help you avoid accidentally falling asleep.
Cool down properly: Once your session is over, take some time to let your body cool down and recover from the heat exposure. After your body has returned to a normal temperature, you can take a bath or shower with cool water and resume your everyday activities.
Stick to four sessions per week: Most spa businesses recommend using a sauna no more than four times a week. Set this limit for yourself at home to avoid the negative effects of too much infrared heat.
Do Portable Saunas Compare to the Standing Versions?
If you want to experience the benefits of a sauna inside your home, you may consider a Durherm infrared sauna. This is a portable sauna that is designed much like a tent. To use it, you start by sitting in a folding chair that you provide. Then, you zip up the tent around your body and leave your head exposed.
A portable sauna is much cheaper than a standing infrared sauna and is ideal for use in apartments and other small spaces.
However, portable infrared saunas do not compare to traditional ones. Portable devices:
- Do not offer a full-body heat experience because your head is exposed
- Can present a serious fire hazard
- Need to be set up before each use
- Take a long time to heat up
- Do not offer much control over your body while in use
In our opinion, a Durherm infrared sauna (or another portable product produced by a different brand) is no substitute for the real deal.
Our Review of the DYNAMIC Bilbao 2-Person Far Infrared Sauna with Canadian Hemlock Wood
Now that you know more about radiant saunas, we will review one that you can purchase for your home: the DYNAMIC Bilbao 2-Person Far Infrared Sauna with Canadian Hemlock wood.
Here are some important facts and features of this product:
- Dimensions: 49” W x 48″ D x 76” H
- Weight: 345 pounds
- Maximum heat temperature: 140°F
- Intended use: Indoors
- Capacity: 2 people
- Construction: Canadian hemlock wood
- Lighting system: Chromotherapy
- Heating panels: (7) carbon fiber heaters
Now that you’re familiar with some of this product’s specifics, you may want to know more about how it works.
Read on to get an in-depth look at some of our favorite aspects of the DYNAMIC Bilbao 2-Person Infrared Sauna with Canadian Hemlock wood.
Canadian Hemlock Wood Construction
This 2-person sauna is made with natural reforested Canadian Hemlock wood. This Canadian wood is untreated and unstained to produce the smoothest look possible.
Canadian Hemlock is a pretty common material among infrared saunas. It’s also used in infrared saunas produced by JNH Lifestyles Joyous, so it has become a reliable industry standard.
Canadian Hemlock wood is good for aesthetics, as it will blend in with the furniture of most modern homes. Canadian Hemlock wood is also robust and long-lasting.
The DYNAMIC 2-Person Infrared Sauna with Canadian Hemlock wood is primarily meant for indoor use. However, it will also fare well on an outdoor porch that is covered. This sets it apart from the JNH Lifestyles Joyous models that can only tolerate indoor use.
Door & Additional Glass Construction
DYNAMIC saunas are known for their high-quality construction, and it doesn’t stop at the Canadian Hemlock wood exterior.
The clear tempered glass door allows you to come and go as you please. You will need to put the door on yourself, but it is easy to assemble.
The additional side walls are made with both wood and clear tempered safety glass. We love this addition, as it makes you feel less entrapped.
A Roomy Bench
This DYNAMIC product is the best infrared sauna in terms of convenience. You won’t have to provide your own folding chair to sit down in these home saunas. It comes with a built-in bench that’s 43 inches long and 18 inches wide.
This low EMF far infrared sauna has dimensions of 49” W x 48″ D x 76” H, making it very spacious for a solo session. Two people can enjoy infrared heat in this space quite comfortably.
This is the best infrared sauna if you’re looking for something roomy. It’s bigger in all dimensions than most JNH Lifestyles Joyous models by at least a couple of inches. So, this is another reason to go with a different model than JNH Lifestyles.
Even though it’s slightly bigger, you will not have any issues fitting it in your home. You will not have to make any unreasonable accommodations to get this far infrared sauna where you want it.
Listening Capabilities & Sound System
In terms of sound capabilities, this DYNAMIC product is the best infrared sauna. It’s equipped with an FM-CD radio and MP3 aux connection option. You’ll never be bored during a session, as you can listen to your favorite music or podcasts via the reliable sound system.
7 Low EMF Far Infrared Sauna Carbon Heating Panels
This product comes with 7 low EMF far infrared sauna carbon heating panels.
You will never need to replace these EMF infrared heaters, which is not the case with some products made by JNH Lifestyles.
How Are the Carbon Fiber Infrared Heaters Placed?
The carbon fiber infrared heaters are strategically placed for ideal heat distribution. You will receive heat via the sauna’s walls, behind your legs when you sit down, and from the slated floor.
Are 7 EMF Infrared Heaters Normal?
Most home saunas have 6 carbon heaters. This product from DYNAMIC has 7 carbon heaters, making it the best infrared sauna in terms of equal heat distribution to your skin.
This extra carbon heater is definitely a step up and what we like to see from DYNAMIC.
How Much Heat Does This Product Produce?
This DYNAMIC product can go up to 140°, making it the best infrared sauna for safe use.
For the most efficient operation, DYNAMIC recommends that you operate this device at 120°F. At this temperature, you will be able to maximize the health benefits. If you’re not accustomed to using this kind of device, you can start at a lower heat and work your way up.
LED Panel Display & Digital Control Panel
The DYNAMIC 2-Person Hemlock Infrared Sauna comes equipped with an LED display and digital control panel. From the control panel, you can easily adjust the device’s time and heat functions.
The dual control panels are easy to use. If the heat begins to feel too hot on your skin, you can make simple adjustments to the heat levels whether you’re inside or outside the device.
This 2-person product weighs 345 pounds, which is a decent weight compared to other bulky infrared saunas on the market. However, it will be sturdy enough and doesn’t present the risk of toppling over in the middle of a heat session.
DYNAMIC states that the setup should take under an hour. However, a person can complete the setup process in 30 to 45 minutes with some help.
You can easily fit it into your fitness room, garage, master bath, basement, or walk-in closet. Just be sure to leave enough clearance for the glass door to open.
You don’t have to be an electrician to set up this piece of equipment. You won’t need any special wiring to get the sound system and heaters up-and-running.
What Is This Product’s Electrical Service?
This DYNAMIC product is designed with a 110V/15AMP dedicated circuit. It features a plug and play design. You should consult with an electrician to ensure your home is equipped to handle this energy and heat load.
This DYNAMIC product is the best infrared sauna for having a relaxing spa experience. It comes equipped with chromotherapy settings. The LED lights emit full-spectrum rays of visible light to help balance your body and mind.
The LED lights have been known to lessen certain medical conditions’ symptoms and promote feelings of calmness.
This 2-person sauna comes with a 5-year warranty. The 5-year warranty is limited, as it only covers damaged electronic components. However, it is nice to have this warranty as a backup.
Pros & Cons of the DYNAMIC 2-Person Canadian Hemlock Wood Infrared Sauna
So, is this product one of the best wood infrared saunas on the market?
Through our personal experience and by reading different consumer reports, we have assembled this list of pros and cons to help you decide:
- It’s energy-efficient: DYNAMIC saunas are known for being energy-efficient, and this one is no different. The seller has an average energy consumption of no more than $35 per month, making it one of the best sauna options for your wallet.
- It’s made of high-quality materials: This DYNAMIC 2-person Hemlock infrared sauna is made with high-quality materials on both the interior and exterior. Robust carbon fiber heaters are included in the interior. Natural reforested Canadian Hemlock wood supports the exterior, which makes for a long-lasting product for your home.
- It’s easy to use: While this product is easy to assemble, it’s even simpler to use. The easy-to-read LED panel displays all of the information you need to view heat settings and time lengths. Input any changes you want with the convenient digital control panel.
- You’ll never have to replace the carbon fiber heaters: Unlike a ceramic heater, you will never have to replace this product’s carbon fiber heaters. They will produce heat for a lifetime as long as you follow the operational instructions.
- It has a warranty: The 5-year warranty covers damage to electronic parts, giving you peace of mind for an expensive purchase. DYNAMIC will correct any issues you have with your digital control panel or carbon fiber heating panels. However, the wood construction is not covered.
- The setup may take a little longer than anticipated: DYNAMIC claims you’ll be able to set this product up within 45 minutes. It may take a little longer than this, but it’s much easier to set up than other radiant saunas 2 person hemlock.If you recruit someone to help you, you should be able to enjoy the benefits of infrared heat in no time.
- It fits two people but might seem a little small: Since this 2-person sauna is designed for home use, its size won’t be an issue! You’ll likely be quite comfortable with who you share this 2-person sauna with, considering you live with them. If you really want the sauna experience to yourself, you can easily take turns inside. You’ll have a roomier, more relaxing session without needing to travel outside of your home.
- It doesn’t come with an oxygen ionizer: Some home spa enthusiasts want an infrared sauna with a built-in oxygen ionizer. This item freshens up the air and makes it cleaner to breathe. Unfortunately, the DYNAMIC 2-Person Far Infrared Sauna doesn’t come with one of these. You’ll have to shop for other radiant saunas 2 person hemlock if you want this additional feature.
Is This 2-Person Hemlock Infrared Sauna Worth It?
After reading through our buying guide, you can clearly see that the DYNAMIC 2-Person Far Infrared Sauna is one of the best sauna options available.
There’s no need to read through the 10 best infrared saunas on the market. If you do, you may miss out on discovering important features or details. Here, we have offered a single cut-and-dry answer. Whether you’re looking for a solution to aid with weight loss, clear your skin, or just help you relax at night, this product from DYNAMIC is for you.
We prefer the DYNAMIC brand over other industry names like JNH Lifestyles Joyous and Radiant Saunas. You’ll enjoy perks like a sturdy glass door, a convenient sound system, dual control panels, a clear LED display, and 7 energy-efficient carbon heaters.
For added peace of mind, the 5-year warranty will likely cover you if you experience any issues with the heating panel or other electrical components.
Buy this infrared sauna on Amazon today!